3.17.2011

a week full of LUCK

We have been so LUCKY to have some exciting things come our way this week. I really wished this week that I had a camera. There were so many great moments to capture and so many fun things to remember. Many mental pictures were taken.
MONDAY:
I came home from work and Michelle had the evening off. That hardly ever happens. There is hardly a night of the week when Michelle's not working, and I'm not out worrying about things with Eric somewhere. I didn't have much time at home after work before I had to go back out to the gym though. With only 6 more weeks to go when I will have time to work out, my gym time is crucial and very important to me. Michelle and I spent a couple of hours after work engaging in some much needed girl talk and cutting out newspaper clippings to start my next wedding decoration brain wave. It's going to be good. And now thanks to Michelle I am just about ready to actually start working with all the paper we got cut out. Exciting.
TUESDAY:
Was the biggest day of this week. I've never had a really close friend come home from a mission before, when I got to be there. Tuesday was fun because a very special someone (who I have never actually met in person) came home to us from the San Bernardino, California mission. Logan Persson, Eric's younger brother, is now home and safe after two years of diligently teaching and sharing the wonderful gift of the Gospel that has blessed his life and the life of his family and friends. It was so cool to finally meet him. I've seen his pictures everywhere, including baby pictures. I've heard all the embarrassing childhood stories. I've spent countless hours, days and holidays with his family. I received his emails for the last half of his mission. And this week I finally got to meet him. It was very cool!
WEDNESDAY:
The St. Patty's Day leprechauns were out a day early and brought us something very exciting. At school yesterday Eric picked up an envelope of very exciting information. He has been granted a very very cool opportunity that I am so excited for him for. He's worked so hard for it, and it's something he's really wanted for a long time. Someday soon I might even tell you what it is. Right now, it's kind of a secret. It's not really, but I like to keep secrets so this one is going to stay as quiet as possible, for as long as possible. I am just so very excited for him though.
THURSDAY:
Despite waking up today at 6:35 when I am supposed to leave the house at 7 at the latest, I've had a pretty good day. That was a bumpy start, and yes it's true that I haven't washed my hair today, but I have seen a change in my attitude this past week that has been a real blessing for me. I started to be more conscious about praying in the mornings, and spending extra time at work doing productive things like reading and such. It has helped me to stay so positive this week. It hasn't been a supper easy week, but I have been able to pick out so many little wonderful things each day that have made me feel great about life right now.
Here are 17 tender little moments I was LUCKY to see and think about this week:
1. the excitement of family gathered to greet their missionary, returning with honour
2. a little girl more excited than anything about a waterfall
3. a small baby slowing growing into a little boy
4. a family of kids excited to play together and help each other out
5. a moment of gratitude on pay day for the wonderful opportunity I have to be so prosperous
6. good customer service at a cable company (granting me internet adn cable for $10.35 a month)
7. a moment of gratitude for my home and safety while I passed a man smoking pot at 7:45am at the train station
8. time spent catching up with an old friend I don't get to spend much time with these days
9. the excitement on Eric's face when he opened that letter
10. the fact that he writes his last midterm today and we have a free night
11. an email and phone call from home
12. a moment of excitement and confirmation of my decisions this morning as two older people in my office tried to talk me out of being married so young
13. numerous times that the bus showed up right on time and got me to work on time against all odds
14. a ride home from work yesterday from a generous co worker
15. the sunshine and melting snow in Calgary this week!
16. a couple of great motivations talks a read and discussed a little bit with Eric
17. how easily these 17 answers came to me right now
It really has been a wonderful week. I think that probably 15 out of 17 of these could and maybe do happen to me every week, but this week as I worked hard to improve my attitude, they just jumped out to me. I saw the Lord's hand in everything this week, and it made me so much more grateful. Each things I noticed and like about this week I saw as a blessing from the Lord that I really needed. My life really is great, but my attitude has been awful. I am LUCKY to have Eric and his positive attitude to picked me up, make realize I was in the wrong, and start to appreciate the blessing I have and that we have. It really was a wonderful week. I can't wait to see what the weekend will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment